Versatile Blogger Award
Spring is almost here and I am so happy about that. Back in January, while my heart was dreaming of a wonderful fresh new year, I picked up the flu virus, and it hit me like a ball out of the park, a bowling strike (all pins down), and as most would say, a ton of bricks. I was out of the game for a couple of weeks, and though I’ve slowly recovered, it’s taken me some time to get my head back in the blogging game. Thank you to those who have encouraged me and shared desires to read my posts.
So I would sincerely like to thank Fiona at Sunshine, Raindrops and Tea in the Garden because it was her nomination of my blog for the Versatile Blogger Award that has spurred me onto writing my first post in some time. I am honoured to be chosen, and while I usually worry that I write about too many topics, this one time I feel affirmed in my wanting to share about multiple parts of my life.
The Versatile Blogger Award was created to celebrate blogs who have unique content, strong writing, and beautiful images or photographs. There are 3 rules: thank the person who has nominated you and share the link to their blog (as a courtesy), share 7 facts about yourself, and nominate ten blogs you love. Here I go!
Seven facts about myself:
1. I love my cat’s black spots (on white) because I believe she is a dalmatian cat, even though everyone tells me there are only dalmatian dogs.
2. I started running last August, and while I am only running 5 km so far, I am training towards a 10 km race at the end of April. Running has changed my life.
3. I am a Librarian, and most proud to be so because this is Freedom to Read Week, and I believe all people from all places and walks of life should have access to all the books and information they want.
4. One of my favourite spots to travel is Scotland. I will go back again some day. This is largely because I am a true lover of the rain and feel most at home when it’s raining.
5. I live in a community house, where we live as family and support those with mental health, addictions, poverty, life struggles and more. It means for them living with love and support and stability, instead of doing life alone. Love is how we get through.
6. Some day I want to own an RV and travel the world (or at least Canada). Life on the road while blogging sounds incredible.
7. I can’t get enough of dogs. They are kindred spirits. I see them in dog parks and on outdoor trails or my neighbourhood streets, and they all get big hugs if at all possible.
Ten blogs that I nominate for this blogging award–I hope you enjoy reading their blog stories:
Enjoy the sunshine today and enjoy your blogging. The human connection through writing can be powerful and very connecting. I hope you are inspired.